3D Virtual Environment of Atlanta's Past
Unpacking Manuel’s Tavern
Unpacking Manuel’s Tavern is an experimental, collaborative digital archiving project. The project has several phases:
- Capturing high resolution gigapan images of the walls of the tavern
- Creating a database of objects on the walls
- Making images publicly available for annotation, commentary, and research
- Experimenting with other visualizations, like 3D renderings
- Linking a storytelling geospatial platform to archives
- Connecting the archives of multiple institutions
- Encouraging the mash up of interdisciplinary layers
- Synthesizing multiple types of data
in media res
In Media Res is dedicated to experimenting with collaborative, multi-modal forms of online scholarship. Our goal is to promote an online dialogue amongst scholars and the public about contemporary approaches to studying media. In Media Res provides a forum for more immediate critical engagement with media at a pace closer to how we experience mediated texts.
Atlanta Media Project
Launched in 2012, the Atlanta Media Industries Project at Georgia State University is a research collective concerned with studying the evolving media ecology of Atlanta, the Southern region, and beyond. Our research agenda leverages the rich diversity of media activities currently taking place in and around Atlanta. Although we are located in Atlanta, our broader research agenda is national and global in scope.